SCO Call for projects 2024
At SCO, we recognize the untapped potential of satellite data and its ability to drive tangible change. We are welcoming ambitious and pragmatic projects from industry, public entities, and scientific institutes to create operational tools that would make a real difference in climate monitoring, mitigation, and adaptation. Together, we can bridge the gap between data and end-users, empowering local decision-makers and the wider public to take informed actions.
By participating in this call, you will have the opportunity to contribute to actions against climate change and the implementation of climate-related policies. Whether you specialize in agriculture, healthcare, land occupancy, severe weather events, carbon sequestration, energy, natural disasters, water resource management, biodiversity, or any other relevant field, we invite you to submit your proposals that align with our mission.
Mandatory criteria to obtain the SCO accreditation include:
- Alignment with local needs: Demonstrating a clear understanding of the specific requirements and challenges faced by local communities and decision-makers.
- Integration of satellite data: Utilizing Earth Observation data to provide actionable insights and solutions that contribute to climate monitoring, mitigation, and adaptation efforts.
- Collaboration and partnership: Fostering cross-sector collaboration, involving space sector players, civil society, and other relevant stakeholders to ensure comprehensive and impactful outcomes.
- Scalability and replicability: Designing tools and models that can be scaled to national and local levels, enabling widespread adoption and customization to meet diverse requirements.
The selected projects will be accredited as “SCO Projects” and will become part of SCO's portfolio. They will be highlighted in the SCO website, gaining access to a vast network of more than 300 institutions worldwide, they will benefit from a high-level communication and propelling them towards success by amplifying their impact on a global stage.
Don't miss this opportunity to contribute shaping the future of climate action and building internationally recognized applications, models and services.
For more information
Please visit the FAQ where you can find the full set of selection criteria, the description of the selection process and funding opportunities that is country dependent.
Download the application form below, submit it to email@example.com and be at the forefront of the movement towards a resilient future. Rest assured, all applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
For any inquiries, reach out to the SCO Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
👉🇫🇷 For French partners, please follow this link.
- September 1st, 2023: Call for projects opens, providing you with an opportunity to submit your project proposal.
- November 17th, 2023: Call for projects closes, marking the deadline for submitting your proposals.
- March 2024: Announcement of SCO-accredited projects for 2024, celebrating successful projects that have been granted SCO accreditation